在上一篇提過形容詞子句可由關係代名詞（that, which, whose, who, whom）或關係副詞（where, why, when）開頭，同時介紹了第一類與第二類形容詞子句，也就是以關代作為主詞或受詞代替句子當中人事物的用法。今天的第三類與第四類形容詞子句延續上次，介紹的是關係代名詞在句子中可以扮演的其他角色，分別是：
- Opportunities are increasing for graduates whose degrees are in computer science.
- The USA Olympic basketball team, whose team members are all NBA players, is considered to be invincible.
The citizens whose property the government had confiscated protested.
=> 受詞：whose property, 主詞：the government, 及物動詞：confisticate
Consumers’ Reports, whose research shoppers trust, publishes evaluations of all kinds of products.
=> 受詞：whose research, 主詞：shoppers, 及物動詞：trust
The candidate **for whom I voted ** won the election.
The candidate whom I voted for won the election.
The candidate that I voted for won the election.
The candidate I voted for won the election.
- She would never want to go back to the country from which she came.
- She would never want to go back to the country which she came from.
- She would never want to go back to the country that she came from.
- She would never want to go back to the country she came from.
- Mayor Lee, for whom I voted, won the election.
- Mayor Lee, whom I voted for, won the election.
- I have received no response from the website’s online customer service, to which I sent my complaints.
- I have received no response from the website’s online customer service, which I sent my complaints to.