時間副詞子句可以告訴我們一件事情何時發生或是它發生的頻率（When?, How often?），幾個常用且與時間相關的從屬連接詞有：
- When: When children get pocket money, some of them may save it for later use, others just spend all of it.
- Whenever: Whenever I am too tired to stay focused at work, I start to surf the internet mindlessly.
- While: In order to meet homework deadlines coming up next week, I do my homework while I am eating dinner.
- As soon as: As soon as I graduated, I got a job.
- After: After the Cleveland Cavaliers won the 2016 NBA championship, thousands of fans in Cleveland filled the downtown street to celebrate.
- Since: It has been 50 years since they married.
- As: People tend to eat more processed food as their lives get busier.
- Before: Before I moved to Taipei, I lived in Kaohsiung.
- Until: In Taiwan people used to use pagers until cell phones became popular.
- Where: Stockholm is a beautiful city where I currently live.
- Where (置於句首): Where there is a will, there is a road.
- Wherever: I pay with cash wherever I can.
- Everywhere: Everywhere you see a staff wearing the blue uniform, you can ask for help.
- Anywhere: You can see people using their phone anywhere you go.